Join the 2020 Census Team
In advance of the 2020 Census, the U.S. Census Bureau is recruiting
thousands of people for temporary jobs across the country.
These positions provide the perfect opportunity to earn some extra income
while helping your community. The results of the 2020 Census will help
determine each state’s representation in Congress, as well as how certain
funds are spent for schools, hospitals, roads, and more. This is your chance
to play a part in history and help ensure that everyone in your community is
To be eligible for a 2020 Census job, you must:
* Be at least 18 years old.
* Have a valid Social Security number.
* Be a U.S. citizen.
* Have a valid email address.
* Complete an application and answer assessment questions. (Some
assessment questions are available in Spanish. However, an English
proficiency test may also be required.)
* Be registered with the Selective Service System or have a qualifying
exemption, if you are a male born after Dec. 31, 1959.
* Pass a Census-performed criminal background check and a review of
criminal records, including fingerprinting.
* Commit to completing training.
* Be available to work flexible hours, which can include days, evenings,
Most jobs require employees to:
* Have access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license, unless public
transportation is readily available.
* Have access to a computer with internet and an email account (to